Monday, May 4, 2009

30/04/09 -- The Queen visits Portsmouth

Queen Elizabeth visits Portsmouth in honor of the 65th Anniversary of D-Day during WWII.
This was around noon, I didn't have lectures until 2pm. :)

But this was also the morning after a night with McFly. I didn't get up 'til 10, a friend texted me about HRH coming to Pompey, so I got ready as fast as I could and hopped on the next bus to town. xD


The majority of the crowd was gone by the time I arrived. The bells of Guildhall's clocktower had run and the Queen already went inside.

It was also pouring down when I arrived. Those police officers were smiling at chuckling looking in my direction. I wondered why. Then I realized, oh, I'm all wet..

This is the Queen's car backing up towards the entrance

The band. :) And so much red, it's so pretty. Does it always look like this? I answer that with a laugh.

It seems like most English don't care about the Queen. But anyway, here's a nice shot of a really cool pub. :)

People start to trickle out..

Followed by Queen Elizabeth II!!

Awesome!!!


Thanks to Fiona once again for letting me borrow her camera!! :)

No comments: