Sunday, November 2, 2008

Windsor Castle

Aaaand here we go! Part 2 of the Windsor Castle pics. :)

What a pic to start the post! Look how the sun is shining on that part of the castle. That's gorgeoussss. And I didn't realize it when I took the pic but I know that girl in the red! She's in one of my classes, lol.

The first few pics were of me being one of many international students so excited to see a CASTLE that I had to take pictures before entering it. The leaders weren't very patient with us. XD

I always think of Simon Pegg and Nick Frost seeing an officer. Therefore, I always giggle.

Beautiful, just beautiful.

Not part of the castle at all. lol. Elaine just said "Oh, I want to live there!" So I took a pic of it.

In the ticket office, waiting to 'officially' enter the castle. Before security checkpoint.




And we goooo.

Elaine. x)

This is what you see looking back from the entrance of the castle.



I stared at this and thought about why there were a bunch of these on the castle's walls. I guessed that it was for defense during battles, and that that's how arrows were shot in the air to towards the enemies. I WAS RIGHT.


That tower with the flag on top is important to the castle. I wish I could remember why. Sigh.

Make note of this right now.

I realized just now how fascinating this pic is. Look at it, the row of cars is like, 20th, 21st century? The architecture behind is almost 10 centuries older.


Oh, that's me.


Why are people rushing towards the gate?

Hahahahahahahahaha.

The insides of the arrows thing.




This is what people were running toward the gate for. Aww, isn't he a cute little toy soldier.







That copperish building is St. George's Chapel. We go there later.



I imagine there's a dungeon under there! And there's a helpless prisoner who isn't meant to be there, waiting for her prince charming to come save her..


Lol, I was in the gift shop. Queen Elizabeth. QUEEN. LIZ.





Part of the gorgeous castle garden.

I only really wanted to take a pic of this to see the two beautiful princes. Particularly William. I'm bringing him home to the states.




I wonder if it still works!






Isn't that sweet? In a garden of weeds blooms a rose. That makes no sense at all.


Part of the view overlooking the magical kingdom of Windsor. And more.





I just took that to show you the E R. =)

Another century gap.


This must be one of the reasons why Queen Mother loves Windsor Castle more than Buckingham Palace.










We couldn't take pictures in any of the buildings we went into. But the Doll's House was amazing. It was pretty much a mansion because it had so many floors. The miniature plates were actually made of silver, and the plumbing was fully functional, lol.


The audio guide told me lots of nice stories. We went into the state apartments(which included the King's bed chamber, Queen's ballroom, dining room, etc etc etc) and of course couldn't take any pictures. A lot of things were smaller than I imagined them to be, though. Like the grand staircase. LOL damn those movies that make them appear huge.



Another angle of the soldier.











St. George's Chapel! The architecture inside is incredible. And there are tons of statues inside, and plaques that say things like "here lies the [insert hrh here]." Even the Queen's mother is in there. I donated 20p, and I lit 2 candles. They still hold masses in there.



Here's me trying not to laugh, haha.





Pretty much private property I'm venturing into. But the audio guide told me to enter the premises, so I did.

The chapel.

I was tempted to jump over the sign. Hee.



This fascinates me so so so so so so much. That's not cement holding the bricks together, that's pieces of rocks. Wooooooooooooooowww..


Oh it's so nice here.

That was on a wall on St. George's. It might have been a water fountain? I like how they designed a crown like that.

Last pic. This is before the exit. Aww, I had a wonderful day. This day happened two weeks ago but I remember how amazed I felt. Ohh. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I TOTALLY SEE HOT FUZZ GOING ON THERE.
moat path~~
is that woman standing on the forbidden grass?
ewwwwwww prince william ;[ ;[ ;[ ;[ ;[
skinny soldier man!
st george's cathedral is soooo fucking pretty dude. like. wow. amazing.

Christine said...

I see Hot Fuzz in that police pic too xD

Lovely pics Jules.