Saturday, October 11, 2008

By way of Double Decker.

As I've mentioned before, on weekdays, I travel to school/town by way of the university double decker bus. This past week, I've been taking pictures on my way to school and back. I bet people were staring, but I didn't mind. :)


This doesn't show much of anything, but this is what it looks like on the inside.

I listen to the radio on my way to school in the mornings.

I think Sara Cox was hosting then. :)

A sign. Awesome, isn't it?

The zigzags! I have yet to find out what they mean.

I really wanted to get a pic of the "DANGER: MEN AT WORK" sign but I couldn't. Oh well. Here's one of those road work signs anyway.

I see this a lot around the city center. They are like triangles but each side is curved inward. It's They're like inwardly triangular islands, mostly there to cross the road.

I'm planning on going to Quays next week.

The traffic light is no malfunctioning-- it's red first, then red/yellow which signals the driver to get ready to go when the light turns green.

I always see this and wonder about the live bands.

A billboard. of Tesco, haha.

Bicyclists are so special here, that their lanes are painted green.

BUS STOP.

Another sign. One day I should just follow the signs.

Just a corner. :)

OMG I'M IN AMERICA. ... There are actually a lot of these everywhere I go. That, and Subway(EAT FRESH.)

Another road shot.

Stylish. There is also one of the same clothes shop, but it's got a guy on it. ^.^

I heart LIDL. Cheap food. Good cheap food.

Nice house, nice bushes, nice signs...

This is a speed limit sign. It is very distinct and detaches itself from any similarities from the U.S. speed limit signs. I'm speaking nonsense.

This one turned out pretty cool. It's as though everything is moving except for that one sign.

A view of the park we always pass by. I always see dogwalkers there, or people in yellow vests leading a line of little kids to school. Some of the kids wear their own little vests. It's so cute!!1!!11

I love how the houses/homes/flats look here.

=)))

There is a BUNCH of green here too. It's way more green than the random patches you see in Cali.

I think what I was trying to capture was the street sign on the side of the building. I thought that was pretty cool.

There are no stop signs here.

Just lovely!

It was raining on this day.

Same thing, different focus, haha.


speed bump sign.

This building is a lil sports center, I think. It's in the vicinity of where I live.

No blue signs here.

Love it. As well as the other pictures.




Taking a break from the bus ride, I guess...

One night, Amilie knocked on my door to go into the kitchen to see this view of the harbor. That would be the light reflecting against the water. I tried to take a good pic of it. I guess this no longer counts as a ride to school.

This is in the North campus. Portland Building, at least the front of it.

Want to cross the road? Great! Just push the white button and ~wait~.

Displaying happily in the library. Note that there is no Tagalog, and no Japanese.

On a long street, they have these things where you can cross through when there are no cars around. Then again, people just cross anywhere ANYWAY.

Oh, we're back on the bus.

Note: Fratton is where the F.C. is. I think F.C. means "Football Club". Portsmouth's got a pretty good team, or so that's what I've heard. They have a field there. I haven't been there. I want to though. fdlskhglskjf.

BIKE LANE.

Off the bus? I believe this is the center of Central campus.

And this is the statue I see when I turn around. This is Victoria, and she has a park named after her around there.




WHAT DO THOSE ZIGZAGS MEAN?!









20 mph, 20 mph. :)

Captured nicely from the top row, sitting in the front seat of the double decker bus. :D

Too lazy to rotate this one. Just tilt your head to the right. ^^

Yeah, Litter.

Fratton Station.


gas costs 106.9 per liter. lol, just kidding, i actually have no idea what that means.

In case you were wondering, yes, I am studying even though I talk about outside activities more.


I smell the nice burger smell from here when it's open. It's almost like the cafe something in the physical sciences area at UCI. I can't believe I forgot the name of that too =(

This is in front of Lion Gate Building, which is where Math and Computing resides.

in the computer lab. omg even the walls are purple. They take pride in school color. ColoUr.

Nuffield Centre. <3 That's where the international office is. I am partial to that place, even though I don't know anyone there.

The path I walk on isn't clean, smooth granite. I feel like I'm walking on freakin HISTORY fdlkaghlkjfd.

I guess people made this sign look dirty because they wanted to make it look historic as well. Look, train tracks behind.

You're bored in lecture, you look out the window, and think BEAUTIFUL VIEW.

And then you look down and think the same thing.

No idea what this is, but it's pretty.

Think: Career Center for students.

Richmond Building. Business students get a pretty building, ugh.



Portland Building gets a pretty pond thing.

This is delicious, by the way.

I have more pictures on the way, but this is the bulk of them. I am too tired to update any more. I hope you enjoyed the bus ride to school.. and a couple of other random pics.. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I could help you on the zigzags, but I have no clue either, I never figured it out.

WALKERS CHEESE AND ONION! Oh man, I was so addicted to that flavor. Definitely the best one!

Tiana said...

In the town I used to live in, the bike routes were better than the streets. They actually made secondary "sidewalks" while I was there just for bikes. And they had stop signs and everything. The towns up there were pyscho about biking... when I never saw anyone ever use them besides kids going to and from school. Lol.