Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Aria -- Trip to the lakes and the edge of Langstone Harbo(u)r

I'm almost catching up to the recent! These pics were actually taken yesterday, when my Russian friend Yulia took me to the lakes near the harbor. It was my first time exploring the area outside of the student village.

I've never been on this side of the fence until yesterday. I only saw this side with busses passing through.

I see Langstone from the other side!! Muahaha.

Hi me. I'm wearing a bright shirt. Nobody wears bright clothing here. x)

Houses on the way.

Near the entrance of the wildlife area. Wish I understood the meaning of these rectangular stones.

This cat stopped us from our expedition and started scratching itself against the asphalt. We wondered whether or not he/she wanted us to scratch him/her.

So we attempted to.

The cat tried to run away whenever we tried to take a decent picture. We left the cat instead, but it wouldn't stop staring at us.

Entrance.

We are on our way.





Aww, Yulia and Julia. <3>


The tide likes to leave a lot.

Ducks!! Adorable little creatures. they are very sensitive about their territory.






We think this is rabbit poop. lol. There are rabbits here too.


Swan Lake. With no swans. We'll wait.










Hardly any ducks because... they were at Swan Lake. They don't know how to read, lol.






Duck prints. :)))



Yo, seagull.





This is the tiniest lil shack/house/place. I took some pictures but felt bad because I felt like I was invading someone's privacy.


How cute is that?! Whoever lived in here could just rush out the door and throw his arms out into the air as he marveled at the sea in front of him.

Note the kettle.


When the tide disappears, you see moss. Mossy moss moss.

Jealous of the people who live here. They can just sit at their dining table and have a cup of tea while they enjoy the view.

When the tide is high, of course, hahahaha.







This was random. Shells! In Tesco bags! Huh?

Get ready for this.

The view..

On this bridge.

And the other side. It would probably look more interesting when the tide comes in. It's still so wonderful to me, regardless.

Heading back to Langstone.


Apparently, there are no oysters around here, lol.



End.

Can you believe this is only a 5-minute walk from my flat? It was amazing there, seeing everything and hearing nothing but the bird calls. Families brought their children and their dogs for a family day out, and I could see why. It was a nice place to be on a nice, sunny day in Southsea.

No comments: