Saturday, October 18, 2008

KEYS KEYS KEYS, KEYS OF VAN NUYS.

When I say Keys, I mean Quays. When I say Quays, i mean Gunwharf Quays, which was where I went Wednesday afternoon with my England-born Sri Lankan friend Brintha.

I waited for her by the university library, and looked up. And though, ooh, look at the lovely autumness of the trees. So I took the picture.

Then I took the pic of the leaves on the ground.

Then I saw kids in P.E. uniform going to the big field. Where are they coming from, I thought?

They came from this nice-looking building here.

On Cambridge Rd. The sign's cut off. :( I'll get over it!

I got so excited because I had never seen an English Grammar School in real life. The picture is terrible, but it reads Portsmouth Grammar School, Founded 1732. A looooooong time ago. Wow.

Zoomed out. JUST SO YOU KNOW, I didn't go so close that I leaned on the gate, sad that I couldn't walk in for better pictures, okay? I wasn't that desparate. But it was still so pretty.. The kids would have thought I was mentallllll...



What's this? Read the next pic to find out!


Portsmouth and it's History, ughhhhhhh look at that red brick thing(I'm well-educated) , shouting history right at you.

That's Brintha's hair, and in front of her is a museum that had free admission. But the display outside was crap. We'll check it out later, I guess. Note the blue round sign thing. And I took this pic at 11:34 am. :)

There are a lot of Chinese Restaurants... I actually haven't eaten in any of them, surprisingly enough.


We're at "The Hard". Not sure what those buildings are across the water. Probably Gosport? But nearby, ferries leave to places, coaches leave to places, trains leave to places.. yeah. :)

That is a ship that's been there for about 300 years, I think. I'm probably very off and giving you exactly the wrong number. But it is an old ship and looks new, probably because of its upkeep.

HUGE.

More of The Hard.

It basically tells you that this part of Portsmouth was a port of ships and that there's a dockyard nearby. There was also something about WWII and D-Day and how Portsmouth played a part in that. Awesome.



Spinnaker Tower. I actually like the view of it from far away, when I see it at another angle, while walking to class. :)


I think it's interesting how it's Burgers - Chips - Tea!

this was their menu.




Better, but I still don't like this view.

Okay, you know how I came here to try different things, and that meant trying English foods, which meant no comfort foods from the U.S.
Well, this was the perfect restuarant for that.

Hi Brintha!!

COOLEST HANDDRYER IN THE WORLD. It dries your hands in 10 seconds flat. FLAT.

Hi.

Toilet break.

Whittards Tea and Coffee. It's a "posh" one, so everything here's pretty pricey. But that didn't stop me from buying hazelnut syrup!

This is a REALLY cool invention. Seriously, WHOA.

This is for Brintha and all the Harry Potter fanatics in the world.

This was good. I forgot what it was called.

Are there any Starbucks in the U.S. that serve the hot drinks this way? In So Cal, they only served in plastic or paper cups. This Starbucks was really chill. It was big, and it was so empty. But then again, who would ever chill out at a Starbucks around here, ever? I could claim it my territory if I could.

So I showed you the outskirts of Gunwharf Quays more than GQ itself. Well I guess there really isn't much to see, unless you want me taking pics of all the stores.. why not, haha.

No comments: